No, I’m not trying out for the pro wrestling circuit. (They call that the WWE these days, anyway.)
The WWF I refer to is the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood‘s famed Winter Writing Festival.
Four years ago, the fabulous Rubies decided to organize a writing festival to get us through the darkest winter months … a writing festival that, unlike NaNoWriMo, doesn’t take place in a month with a major holiday. (Surely created by a man who didn’t have to cook Thanksgiving dinner …)
Also unlike NaNo, the WWF doesn’t take a one-size-fits-all approach. Your goal is to earn 50 points by the end of the festival period, Jan. 10-Feb. 28. The best part? YOU pick your own goals. If you need to focus on editing instead of writing new words, you can.
Because you say how you earn a point, it’s pretty hard NOT to “win” the WWF. And you get to hang out with/be inspired by a great group of writers. Win-win!
Here are the ways I’ve decided to earn points.
Each of the following is worth 1 point:
– Write 300 new words on any WIP (as indicated by Scrivener) OR
– Make revisions to 1 chapter of Love&Baseball3 where needed, per my TMP editor OR
– 30 minutes combing through galley proof of BEAUTY AND THE BALLPLAYER (when I get it) OR
– Pay my RWA and NARWA dues OR
– Jump in on at least two WWF 20-minute writing sprints in one day OR
– BICHOK for 45 minutes straight (no Internet checks) OR
– Read 1 of the RITA books I’m assigned to judge OR
– Prep and schedule 5 promotional tweets or FB entries for myself and friends (1 for me, 4 for friends) OR
– Take 5-10 minutes to slow down, mediate, do a few yoga poses OR
– Write a post for my writing blog
To earn a bonus 5 points:
– Finish the first draft of TROUBLE IN PARADISE
– Complete NARWA’s chapter affiliation paperwork (with help from the treasurer)
– Sell 2 to 5 paperback copies of DIVA IN THE DUGOUT when I go to my first book signing event, the Chocolate Affaire, in Glendale on Feb. 8
What i don’t understood is actually how you’re not really much more well-appreciated than you might be right now.
You’re so intelligent. You understand therefore considerably in terms
of this matter, made me in my opinion consider it from so many various angles.
Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested until
it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.
All the time handle it up!